Thursday, July 27, 2006

Displaced Homemaker

I have a few minutes to blog this morning while waiting for the people to come and steam-clean our carpet. Its funny how DISPLACED this makes a person feel. We had to move furniture out from the wall, stack things all over on our shelves and tables that somehow have no other place to go, vacuum behind heavy furniture that doesn't get moved very often - etc., etc. I've decided to flee the mess for part of the time and go do some errands, leaving my hubby to deal with the noise, the mess and the smell of the cleaners. I guess I've turned into a real computer geek, hating to leave when I've got so much work I want to do on the computer, yet seeing no need to see my possessions moved around and disordered. It feels like we're about to move, although we are not moving. It makes me think about the victims of disasters - hurricanes, floods, fires, and war - and how traumatic everything becomes when one's life is turned upside down. My heart goes out to these people. My home will be put back into order in a few hours, but theirs may not be for years, or maybe ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger kiwicraft said...

I really like this entry. I move furniture around a lot because I get sick of things being usual, and each time I'm in the middle of it I have stacks of stuff everywhere, and it's sort of annoying to see my things out of place, but I do know that all I have to do is work for another hour or so to get it where I want it. It's awful that some people don't have that option based on what you've mentioned.

3:53 PM  
Blogger d.price said...

Thanks Kiwi,

I'm glad someone liked my entry (or even read it!)

Dawn

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 

>
Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Arts 
Blog Top Sites Blog Flux Directory