Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Day the Music Died

Okay, so isn't really dead, but the certainly is. So I'm just sitting here at my computer with an uncontrollable urge to send my thoughts and images out into the blogsphere like radio signals. Hallo....Halloooooo....is there anyone out there??? Houston, can you read me? The song going through my head is "The Day the Music Died". Remember it? "Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie...drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry...our good old boys are drinking whiskey and rye...thinkin' this will be the day that I die....

This is the first day of summer, and I imagine that many of you are taking your summer vacations or sitting around at the beaches or pools - maybe cracking open a Bud or two. If any of you are picking up my signals, be sure to send me a "hallo" - and remember to "buy, buy, Miss American Pie." In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the 30 or so young mourning doves that are flitting around in my backyard and thinking of you, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 

>
Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Arts 
Blog Top Sites Blog Flux Directory